Tuesday, November 27, 2012
How to make an Excel macro available for entire excel in a PC - Excel add-ins
This post will show you how to make an Excel macro available for entire MS Excel in a PC. Whatever macro you write will only be available to that particular file. When you open a new Excel file you need to copy-paste or rewrite the entire macro again in the new excel workbook. You can avoid this by making an Excel Add-In. You can place the excel macro somewhere and make it as an add-in. whatever functionality present in the macro(add-in) will be available to the entire excel in your PC. It will be similar to your =SUM() function. When you try to insert the function, you can see your own functions in the “User Defined Functions” category
Let’s do it
1. Open an Excel workbook
2. Press ALT+F11
3. In the project explorer( left side pane) select “VBA Project (book2)”, right-click Insert, then select Module. A blank page opens in the middle.
4. http://krishnasr.blogspot.com/2010/02/convert-currency-to-word-in-excel.html open this link and copy-paste the code here
5. Press again ALT+F11, this brings back to excel.
6. Save the excel file as Excel 97-2003Add-in (*.xla)
a. By default, it will save under C:\Users\krishnasg\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns in Windows 7. You change this if you want, but this is a safer place.
b. Close the excel and remember to save it
7. Open a new excel workbook. In the excel menu Ribbon (i.e. File, Home, Insert, etc.) find Developer Menu item. If it is not showing for you, then you can enable it in the excel options. See below To enable Developer Menu item in Excel Ribbon
a. File -> Excel Options -> Customize Ribbon in the right-hand side check the Developer check box if
8. Under the developer menu, select Add-Ins. You will see a list of available add-ins. You can also see your add-in book2 select that and say OK.
9. Now your add-in is ready to use in any workbook across your computer
These are the ready commands to create self-signed SSL certificate. These certificates can be used for testing purposes. For a production-g...
A normal phone Bluetooth headset can be easily connected to a laptop and it can be used as earphones or headphones while using skype, gtalk,...
If you are using Windows 10 operating system and want to use virtualization on it, then you have 2 options. 1. Using Virtual Box 2. Using...
There are plenty of online resources to convert Numeric currencies to Text- from $200 to Dollar Two Hundred. But this is applicable only ##...